The top of the studio line consists of the brand new RD-40 series Dobro. Everything from the inside-out has been changed and upgraded to meet the demands of professional and student players alike. The body shape is much like those Dobros made in California during the 1930's, while the inside has been redesigned to include the exclusive "Power Reflex" sound chamber for increase volume and unsurpassed tone.
- Spruce top
- Mahogany back, sides, and neck
- 1930's California-style body shape
- Multi-ply ivoroid binding around body, fingerboard and peghead
- Original peghead inlay design pattern in abalone and mother-of-pearl
- Sealed die-cast tuners with 15:1 gear ratio for easy and accurate tuning
- All hardware is chrome plated